This Changelog highlights notable changes to the 100ms server-side API, such as API additions, improvements, and deprecations. Also, we've included developer experience improvements to this page to keep you on track with items that will enhance your integration journey.
- Added new APIs to start, stop and manage Live Streams and External Streams
- Added new APIs to generate pre-signed URLs for Recording Assets
chat_recording_presigned_urlto recording completion webhooks across browser recording (
beam.recording.success), SFU recording (
recording.success), and HLS VOD recordings (
- Added Analytics APIs with support for fetching Track events
- Added APIs for retrieving and updating template's destinations.
- Added List Peers API to Active room APIs that enables listing peers in a room with filtering support for
- Added support to Google cloud -
gsand Alibaba Cloud -
oss. Check recording config for Create a room API and Create a template API for more information.
- Added a new IP address for whitelisting
184.108.40.206/32. Check IP whitelisting for more information.
user_idcan be used instead of
state_timestampfields from since they do not add any value.
timestampcan be used instead of
error_code. This has always been 1 and does not have any significance.
- Added a new event role.change.failure to notify role change failures.
- Added new fields in HLS, beam, recording, role change, peer leave and session close webhook events.
- Added support for securing webhooks by whitelisting 100ms NAT gateway IP addresses.
- Added new fields in Beam events:
- Added new fields in HLS events:
hlsDestinationresponse object in retrieve a specific template API
- Documentation improvements in webhooks guide -- merged description and example columns to provide better readability.
- A new set of Active room APIs enables you to remotely control your active rooms by performing actions such as retrieving details of an active session, retrieving/updating peer information, sending messages, removing peers, and ending an active session.
- Simplified generation of management token within Postman collection -- we've added a pre-request script in our collection to help you generate the management token without creating a token management service at your end for testing. Refer to the Postman guide for more details.
- As environment variables created some confusion, we've removed the environment from our Postman collection. We recommend you use the collection variables going forward. Refer to the Postman guide for more details.
- Added the API reference documentation for legacy APIs(V1).
activefield from room object as
enabledfield was already available to indicate whether the room is in enabled or disabled state.
- The API is now available in the production environment, using the following base URL:
- A new set of Room APIs
- A new set of Session APIs
- A new set of Policy APIs
- Destinations object is added to the template object.
- RESTful adherence - params are now URL params and not query params.
- Extended pagination for all endpoints -- We paginate the responses with a list of objects ranging from 10 to 100 to ensure they are easier to handle.
- Virtual controlled Postman collection -- you can fork our Postman collection to stay up to date with the latest API improvements. This will enable you to get familiar with and interact more seamlessly with our product.
- Detailed API reference -- We have improved our documentation, so it's easier to get started and stay up to date with the latest API improvements.
- In the template object, the fields _id, and customer, supported with the Legacy API (V1), is deprecated. You can continue to use them as id and customer_id with the new API. Refer to the template object section for more information.
- In the room object, the field template supported with the template name in the Legacy API (V1) will not be supported in the new API. Instead, you can use the template_id field.
Note: The Legacy API (V1) will remain fully functional. However, we recommend you use our new API to leverage the new functionalities and features and stay up to date with future releases; you can continue to check the docs for the Legacy API (V1)s here.
Have a suggestion? Recommend changes ->